This video may not be so special to anyone but myself but thought I'd post it anyways as really I don't even know how interesting this blog is to anyone but myself! :) I mainly love to keep it updated as a sort of an internet diary. It's fun to look back. I recently inherited my mom's video camera. She just bought it a couple of years ago. I remember her coming to Austin to help out with one of my dance recitals and it was brand new. I think she probably only used it a couple of times as after that she was diagnosed and her life became something different than anything she had known before. I found the camera among her things when I was in Illinois this past June and my dad said I could have it as I was wanting one to record our precious moments with baby girl anyways. I brought it back home with me and was excited to see it had some video footage in it. It's from the last weekend I ever got to hang out with my mom before everything went crazy. I flew home in October of 09 for a long weekend to go wedding dress shopping with my mom. We had a fun weekend of dress shopping and wedding planning. It was the last weekend I got to spend with my mom without wondering how many more weekends we may have together. There was a lot going on that weekend and she kept alluding to the fact that we needed to enjoy our time together. She knew something was up. I thought she was being dramatic and brushed it off. Long story short about the video - this is the dress I bought that weekend. I didn't love it though and ended up coming back to Austin and exchanging it for the dress I did eventually wear on my wedding day. My mom loved this dress though! Most importantly we got to have this experience together. I tried on about 20 dresses that day, we bought the dress, and even went to the fitting. Aside from looking at this video and thinking - good lord I was skinny!!! ha ha... I just love this video as it is just me and my mom hanging out and talking to each other as we did. :)
1 comment:
how sweet to have this!! (hugs)
Post a Comment