Our friends Arnie and Jessica called and offered to buy us a tree to plant in honor of mom. We all went together last Saturday to pick out a tree. It ended up being quite an adventure! We picked an Oklahoma Red Bud. It flowers early in the spring, deep colored, wine red blooms.
We picked out the tree and then as Andrew and I were driving home with the tree in the backseat of my little Mazda 3, I suddenly felt something on my arm. I looked and there on my shoulder was something rubbery and bright green! I screamed and it jumped onto the dashboard! It was a little tree frog!
Andrew and I took turns screaming the whole way home as he hopped around the car! ha ha ha!!!!
He eventually found a comfy spot right in front of Andrew.
Anyways, we got home. Put him in a cup and then I decided we needed to rescue him and take him back to the Garden Center....I didn't know if he had a family or a home or what! I'd never seen a little frog like this in Austin! We went in the house and at this point realized our two angelic dogs had eaten the apple pie I had bought off the counter top...then they ran out the front door and down the street in the midst of the frog rescue! It was nuts but eventually all dogs and frogs were back at their respectable homes. The man at the Garden Center told us he was a herpetologist and was glad we brought the frog back. Apparently these frogs are from Houston (closer to the water) and he is collecting them in a tank so he can take them back there soon.





1 comment:
I too had someone buy a tree in honor of dad, what a wonderful gift it is!
The rest of the story made me laugh so hard...haha I can only imagine the craziness of both of you screaming...then to have both dogs escape, oh my what a day!
Post a Comment