nu=325+%29286%29969%29WSNRCG%3D3239793+%3B9%3B64nu0mrj.jpg)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
This past month has not been the easiest for my family, although I am grateful, and THANKFUL for the times I shared and the bonds I feel have been strengthened by the time we all shared together. My beautiful sweet grandmother, Katherine Ella Clifton Fox, passed away last Monday, November 17th after being very ill for about a week and in declining health for the past six months or so.
nu=325+%29286%29969%29WSNRCG%3D3239793%3B54984nu0mrj.jpg)
The week before she died she was in the hospital unconscious. During that time, I flew to Illinois and spent the week with my family and visited my grandma in the hospital a few times. The first night I was there, I think she may have known, after that I think she was just holding on as she did not seem to be with us at all. Her death seemed to happen
somewhat unexpectedly (are we ever ready?) but I see how it all happened perfectly. The time I spent with my family: my dad, reconnecting with my Aunt Allison, having time at my grandma's house which is now a beautiful house for Zach and my awesome sister (in-law) Bethany, was priceless, and , I think, all part of the process of accepting and somewhat letting go.Of course, I will never really let go. My grandma was one who always held my hand if we sat side by side. She never held back her "I love you's". She was one who appreciated the beautiful things in life. You could never buy her a gift that she did not love and think was beautiful. She was beautiful and even before she left I always called her, "my romantic grandma". She was romantic not just in the loving kind of way, but in every way. She was nostalgic and loving and tender hearted. She still loved her husband in a way that you just don't always see - she always said to me, "Oh, I loved your grandpa." She just loved her family in a beautiful way and I loved her and will always love her and hold that love in my heart forever. She loved me in a way that made me feel I could never do wrong. How wonderful a feeling to be loved so unconditionally. I know she is with me, and with all of us whom she loved and who loved her. I feel thankful that she was
a part of my life for these past 31 years and will be a part of my memory and who I am for the next 100! ; )Andrew and I will be spending Thanksgiving with some good friends, Arnie and Jessica and their cutest little boy ever, Iver. He is so cute! He and I have a lot of fun together. I have been cleaning and cooking all day...seriously have not eaten a real meal since breakfast and have not been hungry all day - always the sampler while I cook.
I am looking forward to a day full of wine, yummy food, good friends, and a cute little one to make me laugh.
I am so thankful for my life and for Andrew, and our life together and my family. All of my family, and that includes you Collins's!!! = )
XOXO and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! (aka Tofurkey day) ; )
Ang
2 comments:
Angela,
that was just beautiful. Your grandma Kay was a beautiful loving woman. She had a way of making you feel special in her presence. I am so glad I also knew her. I will miss her. What a beautiful tribute to her that you wrote here. I cried. Love you very much.
Aunt Jane
Angie,
Your Grandma Kay was a beautiful lady, I always enjoyed seeing her. You wrote a very nice tribute to her, I love the photos. I'm sorry she's gone, but am glad she's no longer in pain or sick.
Happy Tofurkey Day to you and Andrew.
Love Krys
Post a Comment