Sunday, September 21, 2008

First post

Well, I have become an avid reader of other people's (Krys and Jen's) blogs. I am wondering if Andrew and I's life together is really interesting enough to post about for other people, but here goes! It seems a great way to keep in touch with friends and family that are so far away. If nothing else I think it will entertain me to have a place to post photos and news about us, if I can find the time to keep up with it! : )
The summer is ending in Texas...finally...ha ha, its been only 90 degrees all weekend! It feels great...but really its the mornings that are awesome, when you wake up and its only 68 degrees...beautiful! I planted mums in the front yard this evening and am watching my flowers bloom after seeing them wilt most of the summer from the crazy heat.
We took a little weekend trip to Galveston about a month ago. Hence the ocean pics. Of course this was before the hurricane came and destroyed it! We had fun and I always love the ocean. I am so glad we got to see it there before it was demolished by the storm.
Andrew just bought another rental property. A little blue house in Cedar Park, TX. We spent most of Saturday over there deciding what needed to be done to make it cuter to potential renters. Its actually a very cute little house with a great backyard for kids...and a cool porch swing on the back patio that we sat in for a bit. We spent most of the rest of the day shopping for new curtains for the place and a few trinkets to "stage" it and make it look homier for potential renters. He has a real estate agent who leases his places for him so usually we don't even do all this, but I think we were just having fun with "our new house". ha ha
Our house has undergone massive transformation in the last year, new paint, new floors, new pics,and of course a woman's touch have done WONDERS! I am very much in love with it and having so much fun gardening as well. I have turned our front porch into my little haven. Its beautiful! I will post pics as soon as I can get some good ones of the house. : )
Today was awesome as we took our dogs to McKinney Falls State Park, here in Austin. Haylie and Sadie are like our kids. Their personalities are just hilarious and so prominent. Andrew and I love taking them for hikes and watching them
have so much fun. We had a great time too.
Myself, I've been busy with work but things have lightened up a bit in the last week. I have hired two wonderful employees who have taken over a lot of my class load. It has left me with time to breathe and enjoy life and keep up with more of the business side of things. Although I have quickly realized its really the teaching and dancing that I love, but I am still teaching at least an hour or two each day. I did just create a website for the business too...www.northaustindance.com. Haven't done too much with it since I created it, but check it out!
Thats it for now. Love and miss everyone! Enjoy the pics!

9 comments:

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

Yay! I'm so glad you have a blog! If you don't update it .. don't worry.. I'll harass you. :)

Unknown said...

I'll add your blog to my favorites...along with Kryste and Jen's! Love you!

Bobbie said...

I Love the blogs. I get to find out what all my beautiful Nieces are up to. It's so nice to see pictures. I don't get to see you all as much as I would like, so blogs are the next best thing.
I Love and miss you,
Aunt Bobbie

Jane said...

welcome to the world of blogging! I love the pics! Miss you so much.
Love , Aunt Jane

DWCTRUCK said...

I wonder if you are going to really read these?? Gone to google maps? Thye will show you a picture of my house!! Haven't looked for your yet, but I will. CHO is off this weekend, but she has a yard full of trash for the waste guys to pick up. You ready to rent Susie a house ?

Unknown said...

Hello there pet,
nice to see your life-looks happy and fun. Good job
Who's the pooch?
Love and kisses
MUAH
Aunt Allison

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

You're not suppose to not-blog for more than 2 weeks. Learn the rules! Duh! :)

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

Harassing.....

Unknown said...

Update update!