Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Changes are coming

Almost 28 Weeks
We are in the final trimester and I have a feeling it is going to fly.  There is so much to do and things are really starting to feel exciting around here.  I have my baby shower here in Austin with my friends this coming Saturday and I am so excited for it.  Suddenly my stomach seems to have doubled in size, my name choices are getting slim, and we are acquiring more and more baby stuff around the house.  The upstairs of our house has for years been the ignored area.  A cat room, Andrew's pigpen (ahem, I mean office), and the loft which is a catch all of bookcases and my office (which usually ends up being the whole house but the homebase is at least located upstairs).  The carpeting up there is torn up and old, the paint neglected.  That is all about to change.  Today we scheduled the painters to come in the next week and repaint the cat room which will no longer belong to my first beloved babies but now to my sweet little girl, as well as painting Andrew's office and a few other things around the house that we've procrastinated painting for far too long.  Shortly after the paint the old nasty carpeting will be ripped out and we are getting laminate floors up there (yay!). This was a battle that I won- who-hoo! (I hate carpet). :) 

Once all this is done - which I have been waiting for what seems like Forever! - I will be able to get the baby's room all finished.  Clothing put away, crib put together, cute decorations hung.  I can't wait.

In the meantime, I moved the bassinet and changing table that we've been storing in the garage for a few months into our bedroom tonight!  It looks so pretty but I can't help but laugh out loud every time I walk in there.  It is so crazy - we are really going to have a baby!  Andrew is currently at work and I wonder how he will feel when he gets home and sees the baby stuff in our room.  I just can't stop laughing every time I see it - sheer joy and amusement.   Although I must admit too that it made me shed some tears.  All this excitement and joy to come...I can't believe I can't call my mom and share it with her!  I still trust that all happens as it should and that carries me through.  She's with me and my baby girl in spirit and I know she is smiling -and thank God she is enjoying this with no pain and no cancer. :)

Changing Table

Our bed is made today!  But the real highlight is the bassinet :)
On another note, I am glad I moved this baby stuff into the bedroom now as apparently I will have some cat training to do! :)

No comments: